Monday, April 4, 2011

Review: 100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

100% Pure is one of my favorite brands and I own a lot of their products.  Since they can pretty much only be bought online (unless you live in the San Francisco Bay Area where they have two stores), it can be hard to decide which products to buy. I will start posting reviews of 100% Pure to make it easier for you to decide which products will work for you.

The first item I will review is my hands down favorite product sold by 100% Pure - their Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20.




Let me tell you, it took a LONG time to find a natural tinted moisturizer!  I was excited when I found that 100% Pure's Tinted Moisturizer is colored with natural fruit pigments, and even more excited when I read their full ingredient list:

Pigments of Peach, Apricot, Carrot, Pomegranate, Cocoa Bean, Goji Berry and Tomato, White Tea, Cucumber Juice, Aloe Juice, Acai and Pomegranate Oil, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Rice Starch, Candelilla Wax, Extracts of Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme, Grapefruit Seed, Japanese Honeysuckle, Goldenseal & Cinnamon
SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide and 10% Zinc Oxide

I was actually at their store in Berkeley, so I was able to try different colors and match them to my skin tone.  After finding out that I am a "White Peach", I was super bummed when the store employee told me they were out of that color in the Tinted Moisturizer (they were having a "Black Friday Sale" where the first 20 or so customers would get 50% off of everything!).  I ended up ordering the  "Fruit Pigmented 3 Piece Try Me Kit" online that comes with the Tinted Moisturizer, Black Tea Mascara and Coffee Bean Eye Cream for $50 versus buying the Tinted Moisturizer alone for $32.



The packaging for the tinted moisturizer is really nice, it comes in a glass jar with an easy to use pump system and lasts for 12 months once it's opened.  The product is very light and easy to apply.  It helps to even out some of the redness in my cheeks but is sheer enough for my freckles to show through.  It's buildable, but if you're looking for a lot of coverage you should probably skip the tinted moisturizer and get the full coverage foundation.  I personally haven't tried this one yet, but my Mom purchased it and swears by this product.  She tried Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation but didn't really like it that much.  She thinks the 100% Pure Healthy Skin Foundation with Super Fruits SPF 20  has better coverage,  more staying power on her skin, and has a light feel.

I personally prefer the natural look of  tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation over powder, but when exercising or doing anything where I know I will be sweating a lot, I use my Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation.  I noticed that when I perspire the BE foundation ends up actually looking more natural and doesn't run.  I have worn my 100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer to my Tahitian Dance practice, but I noticed that while it doesn't run, it definitely doesn't look that great.  So, for typical everyday use I use the Tinted Moisturizer and for the two days out of the week I go to dance practice, I use my BE foundation.

Overall, the tinted moisturizer is awesome for someone who wants a more sheer, "natural" look and would like to even out their complexion, but should probably not used when heading out to the gym.

2 comments:

  1. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers. Best Daily Moisturizer with SPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose Quartz Roller is a rolling massager for the face, neck and eye area made from rose quartz. It is used to promote healthier and more youthful-looking skin. It is used to reduce facial puffiness, improve circulation and allow for better product absorption.
    Rose Quartz Roller for face

    ReplyDelete