Sunday, April 17, 2011

Review: 100% Pure Satin Shadow

 100% Pure Satin Shadow
 Maui and Barbados

It is hard to find a natural cream eye shadow, so I was very excited to try the two 100% Pure Satin Shadows I received as a gift for Christmas.  Both shadows are beautiful colors - Maui is a shimmery rich plum  and Barbados is a shimmery chocolate color. The shadows are very creamy and easy to apply.  I found that the best results were achieved when I used my finger to apply the shadow versus a brush.  You can have a light wash of color when lightly applied or you can increase the intensity of the color by adding more.  Even though I loved the colors and texture of the shadows, I have one major issue, which to me is a deal breaker.  Within the first couple minutes of application, both colors creased and created a dark ring of color. I then tried using a  primer before applying the shadows, which did help a little bit but the shadows still creased.  I really wanted to like these shadows since they are both such beautiful colors, but unfortunately they just don't stay put.  Let me know what you think - has anyone else tried the satin shadows with any luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment